Data security and data privacy are top priorities for TEDi. Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to explain to you, how we handle personal information and what information we collect and process from you.
The controller responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
TEDi GmbH & Co. KG
Brackeler Hellweg 301
Telephone: +49 231 55577-0
Our data protection officer can be reached at the following email address: datenschutz(at)tedi.com.
How and for what purposes does TEDi process personal data?
Data are collected by TEDi within the scope of the following procedures:
- Participation in sweepstakes/lotteries: The information submitted by you to participate in our sweepstakes/lotteries is processed here. This includes at least your name and your email address. Participating in our sweepstakes/lotteries does not involve any further obligations or an automatic subscription to our newsletter.
- Application form: The information submitted by you as a prospective candidate are processed here. This includes at least your title, first name, last name, street and house number, postal code and town, country of your current residency, birth date, willingness to relocate, telephone number, email, earliest possible start date, high school diploma / education / degrees of studies as well as data from uploaded cover letters, CVs, school and graduation diplomas, and work references.
- Expansion management: The information submitted by you as a prospective candidate are processed here. This includes at least your title, last name, first name, street, postal code, town and email address.
- Establishment of contact: Whenever you contact us, we will use your personal data to respond to your enquiry.
- Establishment of contact for layaways: If you request to have products put in our branch’s layaway, we will use your personal data, at least your name, as reference for your layaway. After the products are picked up, the personal data will be destroyed or deleted without delay.
- Exchange and return of products: In accordance with our claim "Exchanges without discussion", you have the option to exchange or return items acquired from TEDi at our branch. This involves receipts for the exchange for documentation purposes. You are required to complete this documentation by filling in your personal data such as your last name, first name, address and signature.
- Back-up: In accordance with applicable data security regulations, data stored by TEDi will be backed up onto media. Your personal data may be used by TEDi internally to improve services and ensure technical availability.
In addition, you have the option, in part, to submit further information on a voluntary basis, and thus help us to design our website to be more user-friendly, and tailored to your requirements. Such information will allow us to customise offers according to your information and interests, for example.
If we are required by authorities or in the context of legal disputes to disclose information to authorities, courts or other third parties, we will comply with this request, as far as we are legally obligated.
Notes regarding newsletter subscriptions
We will use your email address to email you our newsletter informing you about our current products and promotions, if you have given your consent. You are entitled to revoke your consent at any time by either unsubscribing the newsletter on our website, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter. For statistical purposes, we anonymously analyse which links are clicked on within the newsletter.
A cookie can only contain information that the website provider sends to the user; private data of the user cannot be read. Therefore, our cookies are not considered to be a risk, as is often portrayed as such in public discussions. Please also note that cookies can only be retrieved by the creator of the cookies. No third party can see cookies on the customer's hard drive, and only the web server, which sends a cookie to the customer’s browser, can retrieve this cookie again.
If you are unsure whether to accept our cookies, please feel free to email us at datenschutz(at)tedi.com.
- In the "Extra" menu, select "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Privacy” tab
- There, you can set whether cookies should be accepted, selected or rejected
- Acknowledge your selection with "OK"
Notes regarding Google Analytics
For detailed information, please refer to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de and http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Please note that on this website, the Google Analytics “gat._anonymizeIp();” feature is employed to ensure anonymised recording of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
What is TEDi's legal basis for processing your personal data?
TEDi is subject to applicable regulations of the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR“) and Federal Data Protection Act (“BDSG”).
Consent and revocation
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by TEDi, then this was done on a voluntary basis. You are entitled to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
In order to exercise your right, you will have to notify TEDi (TEDi GmbH & Co. KG, “Data protection“ department, Brackeler Hellweg 301, 44309 Dortmund, datenschutz(at)tedi.com) with a clear statement (e.g. in a letter sent by mail, fax or email) about your decision to revoke your consent.
Consequences of the revocation
In case of revocation, the processing of your data until then will remain legal. After the revocation, your personal data can be further processed, if this is legally permissible, e.g. for invoices, or based on statutory retention periods, or in litigations before courts or authorities.
Disclosure of personal data?
TEDi does not sell your personal data.
TEDi discloses your personal data to third party controllers without your consent exclusively in exceptional cases to the extent permitted by law. For example, data may be transmitted to the relevant law enforcement authorities or, in the case of litigation, to courts within the scope of what is legally permitted in the event of suspected criminal offences.
If TEDi uses data processors, such as Cloud providers and other service providers, and passes on personal data to them, these providers will be selected very carefully. In addition, TEDi will agree with them on data protection policies in form of order processing agreements, and instruct and supervise them in accordance with applicable regulations.
TEDi may also commission order processors outside the European Union. Not all countries have a level of data protection equivalent to that of the European Union. If it is transmitted to a country with a lower level of data protection (e.g. the US), we will ensure adequate data protection in a suitable manner, such as through contractual agreements with the recipient.
You can obtain an up-to-date list of the order processors commissioned by TEDi. For information regarding a potential transfer of your data to countries outside the European Union, and how an adequate level of privacy is ensured, please refer to datenschutz(at)tedi.com.
Where does TEDi store your personal data?
For how long does TEDi store your personal data?
How can you find out details about your personal data?
Within the limits of statutory regulations, you are entitled to request information from TEDi about your personal data that is being processed. Furthermore, you are entitled within the limits of statutory regulations to request rectification, deletion or restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Within the limits of statutory regulations, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data by TEDi at any time. Furthermore, you are entitled within the limits of statutory regulations to request disclosure of your personal data to you or a third party.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by TEDi, you will be entitled to revoke this consent at any time, while the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation remains unaffected. The consent may be revoked by email or in writing (see above address). After the revocation, your personal data can be further processed by TEDi, if this is legally permissible.
The state representative for data protection and freedom of information in North-Rhine Westphalia is in charge as competent regulatory authority for complaints
NOTES REGARDING VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
In order to prevent and solve burglaries, theft and vandalism, as well as any other violations of the law, the corporate group of TEDi uses visible cameras for video surveillance at the branches as well as in the entrance area and on the premises of our headquarters in Dortmund which are used in compliance with the statutory regulations (Article 4 and Article 26 paragraph 1 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit (f) of the GDPR).
By using the cameras, images of clients and employees can be saved and processed. It may also become necessary to transfer the data within the corporate group of TEDi for the purpose of further processing.
The recordings are generally deleted after 48 hours, unless they are required to solve violations of the law, or a prolonged retention is required and legally permissible, while the legitimate interests of the data subject are adequately protected. If criminal behaviour is uncovered during the evaluation of the video recordings, it can result in civil as well as criminal prosecution.
Details about the authority responsible for the processing of your personal data within the scope of the video surveillance can be found on the information placard hung up at all TEDi branches and at our headquarter in Dortmund on site where the video surveillance cameras are installed.
The corporate data protection officer is in charge of answering any further questions regarding video surveillance.
Within the limits of statutory regulations, you are entitled to request information from us about your personal data that is being processed. Furthermore, you are entitled within the limits of statutory regulations to request rectification, deletion or restriction of the processing of your personal data. Within the limits of statutory regulations, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data by TEDi at any time. Furthermore, you are entitled within the limits of statutory regulations to request disclosure of your personal data to you or a third party.
The state representative for data protection and freedom of information in North-Rhine Westphalia is in charge as competent regulatory authority for complaints.